Tagged by jizo815
~ RULES1. Each person has to share 10 things about them2. Answer the 10 questions asked to you and invent 10 questions the people you tag will have to answer3. Choose 10 and put their icons on your journal4. Not something like "you are tagged if you read that"5. You have to legitimately tag 10 people6. No tag-backs10 Things About Me
1. I'm a philomath. So I deeply enjoy the pursuit of knowledge in all forms in all subjects. You could even say I'm addicted to learning.
(I read the entire library here by the time I was 11. And still going strong)
2. My body naturally generates an electromagnetic field, and when I focus I can light small light bulbs, recharge cameras, cell phones and other small devices or magnetize silverware together. When provoked or experiencing an intense emotion, this can also lead to temporary power outages, tv and radio static and the malfunctioning of any machine or electronics device in the vicinity. (My doctor actually prescribed me a grounding wire for such occasions. I hate wearing it though ><)
3. At one time I was an expert card thrower, and could slice a mosquito in half in mid-air, or embed a playing card into the wall. I have a distance and accuracy of at least the length of a football field. I still carry a deck of cards with me as a line of defense against dangerous strangers.
4. A few of my dreams are to become a successful author, an accomplished violinist, a chess master, and a champion archer/fencer.
5. I have a wandering accent apparently. People always ask me where I am from. (That's the first question they ask me after what is your name) And their guesses vary wildly from the Southern States, to Russia, to Egypt, to India, Ireland, you name it. I pick up languages and accents so easily, that when I travel around the world, I often blend in with the locals. I am asked this question so often that I have finally given up and just say "sometimes" to every country people guess haha.
6. I adore smoothies
I love all kinds of fruits and vegetables, but I don't care for melons. (I think Pineapple is my favorite fruit though) And I could easily see myself being a vegetarian because I am so grossed out and turned off by almost every meat product. I don't even like bacon
(I can see you gaping at me)
7. I was trained for many years as both a dancer and musician and performed often. (If you can name the type of dance, I've probably performed it or at least learned it) And although I was an accomplished percussionist, I could never read a note of music. I did have the ability to play by ear though so I relied on that all of my musical career
8. I'm a bit of a jack of all trades, but I'm currently a master of none. I love so many different things that I often get scattered and lose my focus on any one thing. I need to work on mastering one skill at a time instead of tackling many at the same time.
9. I'm a lifelong Star Trek, Star Wars, Transformers, Sherlock, Zelda, Nintendo, and Marvel fan. Plus sooo many other things haha
10. I do my best to treat everyone I meet with compassion, integrity and respect, regardless of who they are or where they came from. I also believe in being warm and kinder than necessary to everyone, because everyone has something they are going through. I don't want anyone to have to suffer alone.PJ's Questions1. What is your favorite thing to do for "me" time?
Oh gosh, such a hard question... um... I guess watch/read/listen to my favorite things c: (i.e - Star Trek, Marvel, Sherlock, Music etc)
2. What would you draw if you weren't worried about what anyone else thought about it?
Oh that's a good one... I have a series of paintings and artwork I've always wanted to do but have never told anyone about. People are always so used to my cute, happy and colorful work, that I have been holding back on expressing myself artistically. It has to do with my feelings about life, humanity and our dependence on technology. Maybe you all will see it someday
3. Do you like holding hands with your partner or friends?
I'm not sure... I have never actually gotten to hold anyone's hand unless it was to comfort them when they were in pain or very frightened.
4. Take pictures of everything or just keep the memories in your head?
I personally prefer to live the experience fully and in every moment without it being interrupted every few seconds for pictures. They are always nice to look back on, but it makes the memory less fun for me. (That might also be because I hate my picture being taken.)
5. Romantic or Realist?
Is it possible to be both? I'm definitely a romantic by any definition, and I'm also an undying optimist with many idealist qualities. However, I'm also well grounded in the truth and have a good realist's head on my shoulders. I like to think I'm pretty well balanced and can come at any problem with an appropriate solution.6. Do you still listen to your favorite songs from Junior High?
I do, in fact
All my favorite tapes and CDs have long since been converted to digital media and are now carried everywhere with me. (I own 95,000+ songs, and stream millions more all the time. Music is a lifeline for me)7. Coffee or tea?
I could go on far too long about why I prefer tea, but I /can/ say that I want to learn to make my own and I always try the local tea everywhere I travel.
I also love coffee, but I get all hyper if I drink it so I always have decaf if tea is not available.8. Are you still friends with your best friend from childhood?
Yes. With a few of them. We met in preschool/kindergarten and have been friends our whole lives 9. Do you still use snail mail to write friends? Would you like too?
You know, I actually do still send snail mail to my friends. There's nothing like a handwritten/handmade card or letter from a friend. I generally send care packages with presents too. 10. Is not a question rather a request: let someone you know that you love them be it friend, bf/gf family whatever, you never know how long any of us will be around.
Done, done and done, son!
Seriously though, I never hang up, leave the room or go to bed without reminding the people I love that I love them. For that very reason. Kuro's Questions1. Do you have a person you love to mess with?
I'm not really the type to mess with people.
I prefer to always say what I mean and mean what I say and treat everyone with compassion and respect 2. Can you be able to play a scary game before dying scared?
No haha. Not at all xD I can barely play Halo alone.3. Do you think I'm crazy? x'D
No way! You're a sweetheart 4. What place would you like to go?
I am utterly homesick for the UK. It felt more like home than the States ever have, and I miss my "family" and all my friends there </35. What would you do if I was right behind you?
Freeze. Then turn around and hug you xD <36. Favorite sport?
Ugh, so hard... Fencing probably. Then Football (Soccer), Formula One, Archery and so on.7. Language you would like to learn?
After that, Marathi/Hindi so I could speak to my Agi in her native tongue and watch the Indian dramas with her and understand them fully.8. Favorite dessert?
Chocolate raspberry creams~ <339. You get lost in a forest, what would you do?
Orient myself with the sun, then either try to find the way back, or some water and shelter.10. I got no questions, so say something you like.
"If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything." -- Malcolm X (I believe. Still a great quote.)
And that's that. Not going to tag anyone because everyone I wanted to tag has already done this haha xD
Hope you all are having a marvelous day!~